The Bible clearly states “all have sinned.” It is my nature to sin, and it is yours too. None of us is untainted. Because of sin, we’ve all hurt ourselves, we’ve all hurt other people, and others have hurt us. This means each of us needs repentance and recovery in order to live our lives the way God intended.
What we need is a biblical and balanced program to help people overcome their hurts, habits and hang-ups. Celebrate Recovery is that program. Based on the words of Jesus, this recovery program is unique, and extremely effective in helping people change. Over the years we’ve witnessed how the Holy Spirit has used this program to transform lives at Cross Creek Community Church and help people grow toward full Christ-like maturity.
The purpose of CELEBRATE RECOVERY is to celebrate God’s healing power in our lives through 8 recovery principles found in the Beatitudes. By working and applying these principles, we begin to grow spiritually and become willing to accept God’s grace in solving our problems. Change takes place as we share our experiences, hopes and strengths with each other. We gain freedom from our addictive, compulsive and dysfunctional behaviors. This freedom creates peace, joy, serenity and most importantly, a stronger personal relationship with God and others.
Free from the hurts of yesterday, the struggles of today, and the worries of tomorrow.
Celebrate Recovery is filled with people who have been in your shoes. We are a recovery program which will help you build a foundation in order to help you overcome:
• hurts such as abuse, divorce, loss of loved ones or codependency
• habits such as addictions to food, alcohol, drugs, sex, gambling, pornography or relationships
• hang-ups that hinder like anger, depression, bi-polar or unforgiveness
If you struggle in these areas and are looking to free yourself from the hurts, habits and hang-ups, search no more.
- Provides a safe place to share your experiences, strengths and hopes with others who are going through the “Principles” in a Christ-Centered recovery.
- Provides a leader who has gone through a similar hurt, hang-up or habit that will facilitate the group as it focuses on a particular Step each week.
- Provides you with the opportunity to find an accountability partner or sponsor.
- Encourages you to attend recovery meetings throughout the week, when available.
Celebrate Recovery will NOT:
- Attempt to offer any professional clinical advice.
- Our leaders are not counselors. We will provide you with a list of approved counseling referrals.
- Allow its members to attempt to fix one another.
Celebrate Recovery Ten Commandments:
1. Thou shalt not visit the opposite sex alone at home.
2. Thou shalt not counsel the opposite sex alone at the office.
3. Thou shalt not counsel the opposite sex more than once without that person’s mate. Refer them.
4. Thou shalt not go to lunch alone with the opposite sex.
5. Thou shalt not kiss any attender of the opposite sex.
6. Thou shalt not discuss detailed sexual problems with the opposite sex in counseling.
7. Thou shalt not discuss your marriage problems with an attender of the opposite sex.
8. Thou shalt be careful in answering e-mails, cards, and letters from the opposite sex.
9. Thou shalt make your administrative support your protective ally.
10. Thou shalt pray for the integrity of other staff members.
Celebrate Recovery Slogans and Sayings:
- Hurts, Hang-up and Habits
- Easy does it
- Live and let live
- One day at a time
- First things first
- God never wastes a hurt
- Do the next right thing
- Keep the main thing the main thing
- The one who angers you controls you
- Place principals above personalities
- Avoid the craziness of the busies
- Don’t quit before the miracle
- We are as sick as our secrets
- Hurt people hurt people
- People make mistakes…People are not mistakes
- Let go and let God!
- Didn’t cause it. Can’t control it. Can’t cure it.
- I can’t. God can. I think I’ll let Him.
- 3-step it now or 12-step it later.
- Would you rather be right or well?
- Nothing changes if nothing change
The goal of Celebrate Recovery at Cross Creek is to introduce hurting people to the healing power of Jesus Christ. We minster to those who have any type of hurt, habit or hangup such as issues with drugs, alcohol, gambling, sexual addiction, pornography, over-eating, anorexia, divorce, loss of a loved one, marital problems, adultery, depression, anxiety, bi-polar, suicidal tendencies, or any other issue that interferes with our relationship with God and others.
We have people from all walks of life coming from the entire Wyoming Valley, Luzerne County and Lackawanna County area. From towns such as Wilkes Barre, Kingston, Luzerne, Swoyersville, Exeter, Pittston, West Pittston, Dallas, Shavertown, Trucksville, Lehman, Harvey’s Lake, Back Mountian, Nanticoke, Hanover, Hanover Township, Edwardsville, Larksville, etc…
We work with individuals that are currently in treatment and long term facilities such as the Wyoming Valley Rescue Mission, Salvation Army, Clemar Half Way House, Sober Houses, The Casey House, Clearbrook, First Hospital, Choices, etc…
“To me Celebrate Recovery is my home away from home. A place where I feel accepted and safe. What attracted me to Celebrate Recovery beside my brokenness and need for a savior was the higher level of morality that I found as opposed to secular twelve step programs. Being a believer in God, I struggled greatly with the vagueness of the term higher power and the lack of a God given definition of what is right and what is wrong that is used in secular programs. I watched as many members removed the alcohol or drugs from their lives but nothing else about them ever changed. They lived the same way minus the chemical. For me true recovery is an entire change of ones being, thoughts and actions. The change of a heart. Right from day one I knew Celebrate Recovery was the place for me and I just kept coming back until the miracle happened.” Scott C.